Caring for your Confident Locks™ hairband
Created by Real Fringe Hair Bands
- Any adjustments to the length of the hairpiece can be done at your own hairdresser. It is easiest for them to cut the length as you are wearing it.
- The hairband is designed to be worn under headwear such as hats, scarves, beanies, etc. The headwear will need to be low at the back of the head to hide the actual band.
DESIGNED TO BE WORN 3 WAYS…
... with the hair at the rear of the head,
... worn at the front with the hair parted and clipped in the middle or off side,
... or worn backwards so the letters on the band spell RFHB upside down to someone in front viewing the band.
When worn this way, the hair falls down to the back of the head, which hides patching of hair due to Alopecia or thinning of hair due to scalp cooling treatment.
- Do not wash in a washing machine
- Gentle hand wash in a basin of warm water. Use a sulphate free shampoo, rinse, and then apply a conditioner that is paraben- and silicone-free.
- Confident Locks™ Hair Band can be left to soak in water for 5-10 minutes in a basin of warm water. Totally immerse the hair in the water. Do not scrub the hairpiece.
- Alternatively, you can wear the Confident Locks™ headband and hair in the shower and gently wash it on your head.
After washing with shampoo and rinsing the hair, gently apply 5c-10c piece amount of conditioner onto the hair. Do not scrub. Leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Attach Hair Band on a metal coat hanger, with clips of coat hanger attaching to the RFHB elastic band (not the hair). Hang coat hanger with hair attached to shower screen and allow to drip for 10-15 mins.
Remove Confident Locks™ from a coat hanger with clips and lay flat in towel and roll up or gently squeeze the towel to remove the excess water on hair and band.
- Then re-apply Confident Locks™ to a pant or skirt hanger with the silicone on the inside of the band to allow hairpiece to air dry. It can be hung over the top of shower screen (overnight is best), or secured out of direct sunlight on a clothes line until the hair on Confident Locks™ is touch damp only or dry.
- Once it is dry to the touch, use a hairdryer on the warm setting to dry the hair. Do not apply heat to silicone on the band. You may find it easier to style the hair while wearing the band with hair to the front, back or side of the head.
- You can use hair straighteners on the hair, once the hair is dry. It is easier to do this with the Confident Locks™ on your head, however, you can also do this on the coat hanger (or alternatively, on someone else’s head). Do not apply heat directly to the band. Keep straighteners 1-2cm from band (to avoid damage to silicone strips). ALWAYS USE A HEAT PROTECTOR PRODUCT WHEN USING A HEAT APPLIANCE. (Hairhouse Warehouse or your hairdresser can advise on the best product for this).
- Using a detangler brush (available through Real Fringe Hair Bands website for $20 each), your fingers or a wide-toothed comb, brush or comb the hair once it is dry. Secure hair at top of the band, and start brushing from the ends of the hair away from the band, and work your way up to the top of the hair near the band. Do not comb it when it is wet, as it puts too much pressure on the hair.
Most importantly, enjoy your Confident Locks™, made with love by Real Fringe Hair Bands for you!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Real Fringe Hair Bands at email@example.com