Care Instructions for Confident Locks® Hairband
Any adjustments to the length of the hairpiece can be done by your own hairdresser. It is easier for them to cut the length as you are wearing it.
The hairband is designed to be worn under headwear such as hats, scarves, beanies, bandanas, etc. The headwear will need to be low at the back of the head to hide the actual headband.
Designed to be worn 3 ways
Worn at the front with the hair parted and clipped in the middle or off to one side.
Worn backwards so the letters on the band spell RFHB upside down to someone in the front viewing the headband.
Worn with the hair at the rear of the head.
Care Instructions for Real Fringe Hair Band
- Do not wash in a washing machine.
- Gentle hand wash in a basin with warm water. Use a sulphate-free shampoo, rinse and then apply a conditioner that is paraben and silicone free.
- Confident Locks® hair band can be left to soak in the water for five to ten minutes in a basin of warm water. Totally immerse the hair in the water. Do not scrub the hairpiece.
- Alternatively, you can wear the Confident Locks® headband and hair in the shower and gently wash it on your head.
- After washing with shampoo and rinsing the hair, gently apply the size of a 5-cent piece or 10-cent piece amount of conditioner onto the hair. Do not scrub. Leave on the ten minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Attach the hair band on a metal coat hanger with the clips on the coat hanger attaching to the RFHB elastic band, not the hair. Hang the coat hanger with the hair attached to the shower screen and allow it to drip for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Remove Confident Locks® from the coat hanger with the clips and lay flat in a towel and roll up or gently squeeze the towel to remove the excess water on the hair and band.
- Then re-apply Confident Locks™ to a pant or skirt hanger with the silicone on the inside of the band to allow the hairpiece to air dry. It can be hung over the top of the shower screen (overnight is best), or secured out of direct sunlight on a clothesline until the hair on Confident Locks™ is touch damp only or dry.
- Once it is dry to the touch, use a hairdryer on the warm setting to dry the hair. Do not apply heat to the silicone on the band. You may find it easier to style the hair while wearing the band with hair to the front, back or side of the head.
- You can use hair straighteners on the hair, once the hair is dry. It is easier to do this with the Confident Locks™ on your head, however, you can also do this on the coat hanger (or alternatively, on someone else’s head). Do not apply heat directly to the band. Keep straighteners 1-2cm from the band (to avoid damage to silicone strips). ALWAYS USE A HEAT PROTECTOR PRODUCT WHEN USING A HEAT APPLIANCE. (Hairhouse Warehouse or your hairdresser can advise on the best product for this).
- Using a detangler brush (available through the Real Fringe Hair Bands website for $20 each), your fingers or a wide-toothed comb, brush or comb the hair once it is dry. Secure hair at the top of the band, start brushing from the ends of the hair away from the band and work your way up to the top of the hair near the band. Do not comb it when it is wet, as it puts too much pressure on the hair.
Most Importantly, enjoy your Confident Locks® made with love by Real Fringe Hair Bands for you!
If you have any questions about care instructions or concerns with the care instructions, please contact Real Fringe Hair Bands at firstname.lastname@example.org